- The Google Play store’s visual refresh 2019年8月21日
Boris Valusek, Design Lead, Google Play The Google Play Store has over two billion monthly active users coming to find the right app, game, and other digital content. To improve the overall store expe ...
- Android Studio 3.5: Project Marble goes into stable 2019年8月20日
Posted by Jamal Eason, Product Manager, Android Have you ever wished that Android Studio was faster, more performant, and more memory efficient? If so, then download Android Studio 3.5 today. This sta ...
- Improving Accessibility in the Android Ecosystem 2019年8月15日
Posted by Ian Stoba, Program Manager, Accessibility Engineering With billions of Android devices in use around the world and millions of apps available on the Play Store, it might seem difficult to dr ...
- Google releases source code for Google I/O 2019 for Android 2019年8月14日
Posted by Takeshi Hagikura, Developer Programs Engineer Today we're releasing the source code for the official Google I/O 2019 Android app. This year's app substantially modified existing fu ...
- Nexon increases day 60 retention and monetization with pre-registration rewards 2019年8月13日
Posted by Kacey Fahey, Google Play Developer Marketing Nexon Korea Company has published several games across PC, mobile, and console. With the launch of their mobile game FAITH, a MMORPG released exc ...
- Kotlin 1.3.50 released 2019年8月22日
We’re happy to announce the release of Kotlin 1.3.50 today. In addition to the quality and tooling improvements, the main focus for this version has been on: Designing a new Duration and Time Measurem ...
- Kotlin wins Breakout Project of the Year award at OSCON ’19 2019年7月18日
Today at the O’Reilly Open Source Awards 2019, we were honored to hear that Kotlin has won the prestigious Breakout Project of the Year award, this award recognizes a project that has started “breakin ...
- Kotlin 1.3.40 released 2019年6月19日
We’re happy to present the new release today, Kotlin 1.3.40. In addition to the quality and tooling improvements the main focus for this version has been on: Gradle support for NPM, Yarn, and Webpack ...
- Kotlin Is Everywhere! Join the Global Event Series 2019年5月7日
When we say ‘Kotlin is everywhere’, we mean it. Kotlin works on all platforms, and it allows you to develop all types of applications. Developers are excited about Kotlin and hungry for opportunities ...
- Kotlin Census 2018 Infographics and Report 2019年5月6日
Kotlin 1.0 was released 3 years ago. It has been an amazing journey and a huge achievement to get to where we are today: Kotlin/Native has opened up incredible possibilities for Kotlin usage on all pl ...
- Developer Student Clubs: A Walk That Changed Healthcare 2019年8月21日
Posted by Erica Hanson, Program Manager ARUA, UGANDA - Samuel Mugisha is a 23 year old university student with a laugh that echoes off every wall and a mind determined to make change. Recently he hear ...
- The Speed Benefit of AMP Prerendering 2019年8月14日
Posted By Eric Steinlauf, Software Engineer, Google Today we want to walk through some updated analysis on the benefit that prerendering can provide on load times. AMP is designed to reduce page load ...
- Coral summer updates: Post-training quant support, TF Lite delegate, and new models! 2019年8月6日
Posted by Vikram Tank (Product Manager), Coral Team Coral’s had a busy summer working with customers, expanding distribution, and building new features — and of course taking some time for R&R. We ...
- Discontinuing support for JSON-RPC and Global HTTP Batch Endpoints 2019年7月31日
Updated by Shilpa Kamalakar, Technical Program Manager We have invested heavily in our API and service infrastructure to improve performance and security and to add features developers need to build w ...
- Women Techmakers Summit Europe: Supporting Diversity & Inclusion in Tech 2019年7月31日
Posted By Franziska Hauck and Katharina Lindenthal , Google Developer Relations Europe Once a year, we invite community organizers and influencers from developer groups that support diversity and incl ...
- MongoDB to Acquire Realm - The Future is Bright 2019年4月23日
Realm's future is bright -- MongoDB to Acquire Realm
- Realm and Microsoft Azure 2019年1月28日
A how-to guide for utilizing Realm with Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Realm 2018: A Year in Review, and a Look Forward to 2019 2019年1月21日
Realm had a great 2018 across a number of accomplishments, and looks forward to an even better 2019
- Best Practices "How to Build An App" Realm Guide 2019年1月16日
We recently published a "how to" guide on how to build an app with Realm utilizing best practices
- Realm and IBM Cloud Functions 2018年12月17日
we announce a collaboration between Realm and IBM to bring the power of Realm to the flexibility and extensibility of IBM Cloud.
- 5G is coming: Faster – But What Else is Needed? 2018年8月10日
5G is great but only addresses part of the solution gap, and omits a key element that has been historically neglected
- Offline experience issues with the travel mobile apps 2018年5月18日
I use various airline mobile applications all the time. I won’t mention the airline by name, but one particular app always frustrates me.
- Building Modern Swift Apps with Realm Database 2018年4月23日
This Book aims to introduce you to Realm Database and Realm Platform to create powerful, reactive iOS apps with Swift and RealmSwift.
- Scratch That: Building an App in Swift 2018年4月14日
Daniel will build the core features of a basic app and cover the most important elements of building an iOS app in Swift from scratch.
- Be offensive: Proactively Assessing Your iOS Applications 2018年4月14日
Dave explains the how developers can be more proactive in securing their mobile applications.
- Android Storage 2019年8月22日
Photo by Fredy Jacob on UnsplashIt’s this thing we are all aware of, but always take for granted. As the technology progressed, we cared less and less about how much memory our devices have. If before ...
- Espresso UI Test For Data-Binding 2019年8月22日
Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on UnsplashWriting UI test is a great way to automate and simplify the QA process in the mobile development cycle. For Android, Espresso is the best option so far.Almost all ap ...
- How to Enter into the AndroidX Realm 2019年8月22日
If you are reading this article and planning to migrate to androidX then you are in the right path.First of all what is AndroidX?AndroidX is the new kid in the block which replaces support library for ...
- Storing data securely on Android-KeyStore Asymmetric 2019年8月22日
Photo by Jon Moore on UnsplashThis article is the third part of the series, Storing data securely on Android. If you are new to this series or want to read the previous part, click here.SeriesStoring ...
- Disable Shift Label Animation from Bottom Navigation — Android. 2019年8月20日
Make Bottom Navigation without animation like youtube, InstagramContinue reading on AndroidPub »
- Better dependency management in Android Studio 3.5 with Gradle buildSrcVersions 2019年8月23日
Android Studio 3.5 is released! Have you updated yet? Go to https://developer.android.com/studio, I will wait.Continue reading on ProAndroidDev »
- Evolution of unit tests in Android 2019年8月22日
Photo by Jukan Tateisi on UnsplashIn the article we take a look at the unit test evolution from beginner to pro-level. “Rate us” dialog is a popular feature, and it will be a good example. Typical “ra ...
- How to unit test Room: runInTransaction 2019年8月21日
In case you have tried writing Unit tests for your application business logic but gotten stuck at testing your Room logic where some…Continue reading on ProAndroidDev »
- Android emulator: change your SIM card number 2019年8月20日
One of the biggest advantages of using the Android Emulator is that we can do almost everything as if we were on a physical device. Additionally, here we have a large set of configurations that allow ...
- Android ProcessLifecycleOwner by example 2019年8月20日
The ProcessLifecycleOwner is an extension for getting information about lifecycle for the whole application process. Let’s explore it.Continue reading on ProAndroidDev »
Android Developers Backstage(Podcast)
- Episode 120: Machine Learning 2019年8月21日
Romain, Anna, and (unfortunately) ChetChet and Romain spoke with Anna Goldie from the Google Brain team about machine learning. If you ever wondered what the difference is between AI and machine learn ...
- Episode 119: Kotlin with Andrey Breslav 2019年8月9日
Tor, Andrey, Romain, and Chet (not pictured)Tor and Romain spoke with Andrey Breslav, the lead language designer at Jetbrains for Kotlin. They talked about coroutines, flow, performance, islands near ...
- Episode 118: Authentic Podcast 2019年8月2日
Sandra, Carlos, Chet and Romain [authenticated]In this episode, Chet and Romain chat with Carlos Valdivia and Sandra Kwan from the Android Identity and Authentication team, covering related topics lik ...
- Episode 117: Kotlin Coroutines 2019年7月24日
Tor, Yigit, Sean, Romain and Chet doing their (co)routine.Coroutines are Kotlin's approach to asynchronous programming and they are making their way into various Jetpack libraries. In this episod ...
- Episode 116: CameraX 2019年6月27日
Chet, James, Vinit, and Tor, in reverse-polish notation.Tor and Chet talked with Vinit Modi and James Fung from the CameraX team. CameraX is a Jetpack support library that released in alpha form at Go ...
- 172: Coil Image Loading Library with Colin White 2019年8月12日
In this episode Donn and Kaushik sit down with Instacart Engineer Colin White to discuss a new image library he has created called Coil.
- 171: Jetpack Compose with Leland Richardson 2019年7月29日
This week Donn and Kaushik talk to Leland Richardson from the Android team at Google about Jetpack Compose.
- 170: Developer Growth - Public Speaking 2019年7月23日
In this episode, Donn talks about public speaking and how it can help you grow your career.
- 169: Testing and JUnit 5 with Marcel Schnelle 2019年7月15日
Marcel Schnelle joins Donn in this episode to talk about how to get your application under test and some steps to go from scared to confident in your testing process. The second half of the show they ...
- 168: Learning Kotlin: Lambda Expressions Part 2 2019年7月8日
In this episode, Donn continues his talks about Kotlin Lambda Expressions. He explains how you can use lambda expressions as function parameters and as return types for functions.
- How to Increase In-App Purchase Conversion Rates 2019年8月23日
From designing escape rooms to crafting fiction books that capture the imagination, Semyon Polyakovskiy, Creative Entrepreneur at Maginary, has successfully interconnected his skills to get away with ...
- 745: The Uber of Lawn Care with Gene Caballero 2019年8月20日
Today's guest built the Uber of lawn care which is now available in over 40 states in the US. You will hear how he spent 5 years working on his business on the side and then had enough traction t ...
- How to Calculate Mobile Lifetime Value (LTV) Without a Lifetime of Data 2019年8月15日
In this video, Shamanth Rao will show you how to calculate the LTV of your user even with little data. Follow along as he shares a simple formula that you can use. Watch Video on YouTube and Subscribe ...
- 744: Marketing Strategies Before Your App Launch with Tyler Bundy 2019年8月13日
Are you on a budget for building your app? Coming up is a coaching call with a developer of a real estate app. We discuss building a native app vs a PWA, marketing tactics before you launch your app a ...
- 743: How to Build a Big Digital Product Business with John Bura 2019年8月6日
Today's guest built a big business teaching people how to code and he shares how he stumbled upon this business by listening to the market. Also, listen to how he's cleverly using Kickstarte ...
- Introducing: App Store Optimization: The Definitive Playbook 2019年8月22日
The mobile market is one of the most competitive spaces in the world. To stand out from the crowd, mobile apps need a comprehensive App Store Optimization strategy.
- Mobile Minute: Gamescom 2019 & The Next Wave of Global Mobile Gaming Monetization 2019年8月20日
Global mobile gaming reached $32.8 billion in consumer spend in H1 2019 and subscription gaming platforms are set to accelerate the next generation of mobile gaming monetization.
- Mobile Minute: Users Spend 6.5 Billion Hours In Travel Apps — Marking Busiest Travel Season for Mobile 2019年8月15日
With travelers on-the-go during summer months (May - July), travel apps reached new heights with a 45% worldwide growth in time-spent compared to two summers prior.
- Mobile Minute: Global House & Home Mobile App Usage Spikes 20% in Summer Months 2019年8月7日
During the peak summer rental months more people turn to mobile for house hunting and home decorating — driving more engagement in popular apps including Trulia - Apts & Homes for Rent, idealista ...
- Mobile Minute: YouTube Music Solidifies Leadership Position in Mobile Music Streaming 2019年7月31日
YouTube Music grew 170% ranking #6 by MAU for music streaming apps — competing with industry leaders including Spotify and Apple Music.